Monday, February 27, 2012

Mile High Momday: Better than thin mints

With the sale of our beloved Girl Scout cookies coming to an end for the year, I thought this was the perfect time to share my new favorite recipe.  You know, for when you run out of real thin mints.  This recipe is nothing new.  Apparently it's been floating around the internet for a while, but it's new to me.  There are several versions, but this one seems to be the easiest, cheapest, and most importantly the yummiest.  My friend and neighbor made them and they are sooooooo good.  And soooooo easy to make!  

I made them last night, when we had company, and all four of us agreed, dare we say, that we like them MORE than real thin mints.  I know!  This is barely a recipe (kind of like Rachel Ray's "Late Night Bacon" - which, if you read the reviews of the recipe on that link, you will wet your pants you'll be laughing so hard).  It's more of a how to, because it doesn't actually involve any cooking, or baking.

You will need:
Ritz crackers (regular or low fat)
1 pound of chocolate candy coating
peppermint extract
 
Melt the chocolate according to the directions on the package.  (I particularly like this store brand chocolate because it has a tray already in there that I can just throw away when I'm done.  No need to dirty a bowl.)
Stir in 1-2 teaspoons of peppermint extract (to taste).

Dip the cracker in the chocolate mixture
Place on wax paper, and put in the fridge for a few minute to harden.
Enjoy!  This recipe made about 40 cookies, and there are about 10 left, less than 24 hours later!  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment