Monday, October 10, 2011

Mile High Momday: It's Fall Y'all!

I love fall.  It's by far my favorite season. The changing leaves, football games, and the food.
I made these for a football party today!

I love love love fall food.  Apple cider or anything with pumpkin or cinnamon in it?  Yes, please!  Today I'm sharing a recipe that I got from my husband's aunt for pumpkin bread.  It's delish!  Enjoy!

1 1/2 Cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/2 Cup margarine
1 Cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
3/4 Cup solid pack pumpkin
3/4 Cup chocolate chips
1/2 Cup walnuts, chopped


Icing:
1/2 Cup powdered sugar
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
milk, as needed


Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Grease bottom of 9 X 5 X 3 loaf pan

Sift together the 1st 7 ingredients

Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy

Add the vanilla

Add the eggs and beat well


Add the dry ingredients alternately with the pumpkin until the mixture is well blended


Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts


Place in prepared loaf pan and bake for 60-70 minutes or until the bread springs back when touched


Cool in the pan for 15 minutes then remove and let cool before glazing


To make the glaze, mix the powdered sugar and spices with teaspoons of milk, one at a time, until it is the consistency of glaze - fairly runny


Pour over the loaf, let sit for a few hours before cutting


I often make them in small loaf pans.  You can freeze some and have it for later, or give them as gifts!

And don't forget about the wrap watch giveaway that I'm having right now!


Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! That sounds amazing!!!! Is the pumpkin the canned pumpkin, like for pies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I use the canned pumpkin but I'm sure it would be even better with fresh pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm, yum! That sounds so good. I will definitely give this recipe a try.

    ReplyDelete