Thursday, July 28, 2011

38 Weeks

You know you are getting close to having a baby when your uterus expires before the gallon of milk in your fridge!

Only one more week, at the most!  I have to say, I'm really really hoping that I make it all the way to 39 weeks and get induced.  So many people would think I'm crazy for wanting to be induced, and I'll admit that most of my reasons are rather selfish.  I mostly want to make it so that I'm positive that I'll have someone at our house, ready to care for Jackson.  (I have amazing friends and neighbors that have all volunteered to take Jackson, but I hate to put that on them)  I got a call last week from my sister telling me that she couldn't come to Denver anymore.  Between that, and my doctor being out of town until Sunday, I've been crossing my fingers, and legs, that this baby waits until the 3rd, when I can be induced.  My mom will be here.  My doctor will be here.  There will be minimal surprises.  I just really want it to work out that way.  And besides, just yesterday was my last day of work, and I feel like I haven't had much time to relax.  And we still don't have a name picked out.  BUT, I know that's not the way it works and this baby will come when he's good and ready.  I've just been trying stay off my feet as much as possible, drink lots of water and stay cool.  I guess that's all I can do.

Baby's size: 6.8 pounds and over 19 1/2 inches long, like a leek.

Belly size:
About 40 1/2 inches around.  Same as last week.


Cravings:
  I've had lots and lots of pink lemonade this week, but that might have something to do with how hot it is outside.  Twix candy bars have also sounded really good, but I've mostly resisted that craving.....mostly.

Mood: I'm getting a little touchy.  I've noticed myself getting annoyed very easily and a little more weepy than usual.  I think I'm just over all of this.

Symptoms: 
The most annoying symptom right now is the pain down really low.  It makes walking or even lifting my leg to walk very difficult and painful.  This is something I never experienced with my first pregnancy.  I don't know how people do this more than 2 or 3 times! I've also had some other, rather unpleasant painful symptoms that I think a lot of pregnant women (and just unlucky people in general) experience.  I'll leave a little to your imagination, and just say two words.  Sitz bath.  Ugh! 




Go to clothing: Anything that goes over my belly and isn't too hot!

Sleep:  The last few nights have given me trouble.  I'm really uncomfortable, have to pee every 30 minutes and can't even roll over.  Not to mention that I've been stressing about baby's name and "what if I go into labor before next Wednesday" thoughts race through my mind.

Baby movement:
  He's definitely running out of room and moving a lot less. 

1 comment: