Tuesday, July 5, 2011

35 weeks

I've been so uncomfortable lately that I'm actually not as nervous about going into labor. I'm really looking forward to this baby being here and the whole labor and delivery thing being over with. I guess that's why we have to be so uncomfortable in those weeks leading up to labor. It makes us not care about the pain we are about to be in! I connected with my doctor at the end of last week and I have an appointment to see her tomorrow, right before she leaves town. Unless something changes, I'll probably just see her the day before she leaves and the day after she gets back. I'm just really hoping to easily make it through the blogging conference next weekend. I doubt that it will be a problem, but I guess only time will tell. I'll report anything, if there is anything to report from the appointment.

Baby's size:
18 inches long and 5 1/4 pounds. The weight of a honeydew. Okay....we'll see.....


Belly size:
Still about 40" around.

Cravings: Still loving s'mores this week. Pop has tasted really good lately too. (Yes, "Pop" and not soda)

Mood: Okay, I'll admit. I've been a little grouchy lately. It's been really hot and I'm constantly uncomfortable and tired.

Symptoms: The only new symptoms are not being able to sleep (see below) and I've been randomly getting cramps in my thigh/quad area. It hasn't gotten to a full on charlie horse yet. I'm always able to catch it and stretch it out just moments before it's a charlie horse, but they still seriously hurt! I also got a cold or allergies or something this past week and have been really stuffed up. No cough or sore throat or anything, just a stuffy nose. It's not a huge deal, but I have had to take a sudafed at night so I can breathe enough to sleep. Other than that, I'm still getting braxton hicks every few minutes, acid reflux most nights, and just general back and all over pain.


Go to clothing: Whatever is big enough to cover my belly and isn't too hot in this 90+ degree weather!

Sleep:
Ugh. It started this week, since the baby has dropped. Most nights I'm waking up (and getting out of bed) at least 4-5 times per night. I have to pee, I'm hot and sweaty, and I can't get comfortable. I'll probably eat my words, but I swear, I'd rather be waking up with an infant right now, because at least with an infant, when I DO sleep, I'm comfortable and getting good rest. I remember sleeping pretty darn hard those first few weeks Jackson was born.

Baby movement:
Again, it's hard motions and not necessarily flips and kicks. He is definitely in the ready position. His head, elbows and knees are almost always in the same place, and I can totally feel them. My stomach has corners now.

1 comment:

  1. Well, you don't LOOK grouchy. :) Good luck at your appointment tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete