Thursday, May 12, 2011

27 Weeks

I'm back from our trip to Vegas. My days consisted of sleeping in (sometimes), going to the pool for a couple hours, playing poker for a couple hours, and filling in the rest of the time eating. It was a much needed break. But now it's back to the grind of mommyhood, real estate, babysitting, cleaning and crafting.

An update on my three hour glucose test. I decided at the last minute to not take the test the Friday before the trip. I had some questions for my doctor first, and honestly didn't think I could stomach that 2 times in one week. My doctor said it was okay for me to wait until I got back. I talked to her yesterday and she's allowing me to repeat the one hour test tomorrow. If I fail this one, though, I have no choice but to do the three hour one. I'm really really hoping that doesn't happen though. I've cut as much sugar out of my diet as possible for the couple days leading up to the test, so I don't get a false positive from something stupid I ate the day before. Considering that I only failed by a couple points last time, I think I'll be fine. Fingers crossed.

Baby's size:
A head of cauliflower, about 2 pounds and about 14 1/2 inches long.
At my appointment yesterday, I was actually measuring right on for 27 weeks. Maybe the baby just had a big growth spurt before? Or I just popped earlier and now I'm going to start slowing down a bit? Regardless, I look much bigger than 27 weeks, but am actually right on track, right now anyway.

Belly size:
38 1/2 " around my belly.


Cravings: Not much. I can only eat a few bites at a time anyway. I'm running out of room in my stomach.

Mood: Good.

Symptoms: I'm becoming very pregnant. I don't remember ever feeling like this with Jackson. (Maybe the week I had him) But, I'm feeling so big, doing the pregnant waddle, my acid reflux is out of control, I'm tired all the time, and my back hurts. I know I'm bigger this time around, but I also think my uncomfortableness is coming from having to chase a toddler around. I didn't have to do that last time.

Go to clothing: Mostly maternity but some bigger non-maternity. The picture above is a non-maternity dress. It fit, but it was certainly testing the stretchiness boundaries. It's actually from 26 weeks, last week at Benihana's in Vegas.

Sleep:
I've been really tired lately. Getting to sleep isn't too bad, as long as I take plenty of Tums and Zantac before bed. My problem is getting enough sleep. I can't. It doesn't matter how much I get I'm always tired.

Baby movement: Still lots of movement. It's been really low the past few days, I think he's probably head up in there, kicking down low and shoving his head into my stomach. That's what it feels like anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment