Wednesday, April 27, 2011

25 Weeks

Let the bitching and whining commence. I want to cry. I had my stupid gestational diabetes glucose test today and I didn't pass the stupid thing. It's all very very stupid, because I just barely didn't pass, and my doctor even said she'd be shocked if I end up having gestational diabetes. So I'm wondering why I have to go through all of this stupidity again. I fasted, just like she said, and the test came back at 140. Some doctors wouldn't even retest at a number like that, but she's going the "better safe than sorry" route. It might not be a big deal to some people, but I really feel like I'm about to start crying about it. Just doing the basic 1 hour test today I was breaking out into a cold sweat, and my stomach was cramping up, while I literally gagged every time I took a sip. Then, while waiting the one hour to test, I continued to feel really nauseous. I still don't feel great, even after eating lunch. Me, having lots and lots of sugar, on an empty stomach doesn't go over well. And now, for this more extensive test, I have to fast, get a blood draw, drink TWICE as much of the glucose drink as today and then get my blood drawn every three hours after. Meanwhile, not eating or drinking anything. And not being able to leave, or even get up and walk around, the entire three hours. I want to cry. I thought about waiting until after my Vegas trip to get the testing done, and my doctor said that was fine, but then I started thinking about it and I really don't want to have this hanging over my head the entire trip. It's not the result that worries me, I really doubt that I have it. It's the stupid test. I want to cry. Anyway, I'll continue with my 25 week update now, without pictures. I haven't showered today, and I don't feel like taking pictures. Besides, no one wants to see my "I'm about to cry" face anyway.

Baby's size: At a gestational age of 25 weeks, the baby is the size of a rutabaga, about 1 1/2 pounds and 13 1/2 inches from head to heel.

Belly size: Almost 38" around my belly. Not quite 38 though.

Cravings: It changes everyday. Some days it's chips. Other days it's candy or chocolate.

Mood: Fine. Until today. Now I'm having a pity party.

Symptoms: Lots of Braxton Hicks, back pain, tired all the time, acid reflux pretty much every night. Typical pregnancy stuff...

Go to clothing: I went through some of my non-maternity stuff the other day and tried on a bunch of stuff. I can actually fit into several tops that I got after Jackson was born, but before I lost the baby belly. That's good news!

Sleep:
Sleep is sounding exceptional right now.

Baby movement: Lots and lots of movement. Sometimes the kicks are so hard, I swear Eric can feel them on the other side of the bed.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! :( that really, really sucks and I don't blame you at all for having a pity party. I can't believe they require pregnant women to fast for so long during the extensive test. Don't they know that's torture?

    ReplyDelete