Wednesday, April 20, 2011

24 weeks

Let's play a little game. Here's a picture of me today, at 24 weeks: And here's a picture of me at 34 weeks with Jackson: Do you see much of a difference? I don't. Except in the second picture I was 8 months pregnant. 8 MONTHS PREGNANT! 10 weeks farther along than I am now. 70 days pregnanter. Not convinced? Here's a side by side picture: Still not seeing it? How about now?



Can you imagine what I'm going to look like in three more months? I'm so screwed....



Baby's size:
I'm going to go by baby's gestational age, 24 weeks, and not how he's measuring. It's too confusing to do both. He's about the length of an ear of corn, almost a foot, and 1 1/4 pounds

Belly size: About 37 1/2" around my belly.

Cravings: Sweet tart anything is super yummy.

Mood: Good. My patience is probably a little shorter, but that's really all.

Symptoms: Lots of Braxton Hicks, back pain, tired all the time, acid reflux pretty much every night. Typical pregnancy stuff...

Go to clothing: My baggie maternity jeans, and maternity tops. I got a bikini today for our trip to Vegas next week. I've tried on several maternity suits and none of them are doing it for me. So, I just went for the 2 piece. I have a couple bikinis that I can squeeze into still, but I'm kind of busting out of the bust, so I thought I'd get something that fits a little better. I also got a matching cover up to wear with it, that I'll probably spend most of my time in. Here's my thoughts on the bikini while pregnant. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea. If it's not yours, feel free to look away. I don't have any stretch marks or grotesque scars, and still haven't gotten that ugly brown line down the middle of my belly, like I did last time. I'm pretty much just me, with a big belly. And I'm most comfortable in a bikini, so that's what I'm gonna do. Vegas will just have to avert it's eyes.

Sleep:
Good. I've been really tired lately, and have been trying to get to bed early most nights. Well, early for me. Before midnight.

Baby movement: An unusual amount of movement. It's constant and everywhere at once. I'm thinking he's doing jumping jacks in there?


2 comments:

  1. Love the belly. You're right, this belly looks like the 34 week belly before. I LOVE that you are going to Vegas in a bikini!

    ReplyDelete