Thursday, February 10, 2011

Gender reveal party?



Six more weeks. That's how long I have to wait to find out what sex this little lemon is. (That's how big the baby is at 14 weeks. I don't think the baby is actually a lemon) I've been thinking about having a gender reveal party. This would be a party at our house where people would show up dressed in either pink or blue, depending on what they think the sex is, and we would do something "fun" to reveal the gender. It wouldn't be a big deal, as far as food. Just basic snacks, drinks and cupcakes. We would also request that no gifts are given. I think this would be fun for many reasons. It would be more enjoyable than just calling everyone up, or posting my facebook status as "it's a boy" or "it's a girl". I also think it would give me something to do and plan while I'm desperately wanting to know who's in there. And, it's just a fun excuse to have a party and see a lot of our friends that I haven't seen being so cooped up in the house this winter. In my five minutes of researching these parties I came across two schools of thought regarding these. Many people think they are fun and exciting. But there are also many who think it's completely egotistical, a total waste of time, and just another stupid party they feel obligated to go to. When I saw those kind of comments it really made me think twice before throwing this party. I certainly don't want people to feel obligated to come, or to think we are "so into ourselves", when, in fact, no one gives a shit what we are having. My thoughts are, if you do care what we are having, and you are free, then come. If you don't care, then don't come. What do you think? Egotistical stupid or fun and exciting?

1 comment:

  1. I say fun! But I am totally biased, because we are thinking of doing one ourselves.

    ReplyDelete