Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Oh Crap....

And I'm not talking about the backlash from posting my "I Hate OSU" video on You Tube. (Although OSU folks are taking it rather personally) No, it's not the video. I have a much bigger issue right now. I have agreed to do a dualthon with a friend. This is a run-bike-run race. And it's in less than two weeks. TWO WEEKS! She said she was looking for someone to do it with her. Now, keep in mind, that I don't run. Ever. I run if someone is chasing me. Or if Jackson's ball rolls into the street. That's all. I hate running. And I haven't ridden a bike since before I was pregnant with Jackson. So, why did I agree to this? A momentary lapse of judgement, perhaps? I don't do drugs, so I know it wasn't that. I've always looked at running as something I can't do. I've never understood marathon runners and how they can possibly run so far and for so long. I've always told myself that if I could run a marathon, I could do anything. Literally anything. I've always daydreamed about how proud I would feel if, after all these years of telling myself I can't do it, I did do it. This race is far from a marathon or triathalon. It's a 2 1/2 mile run and a 6 1/2 mile bike. Something most runners would scoff at. But still. If I can do this, perhaps I could run a 5K. And if I could run a 5K, perhaps I could run a half marathon. And if I could run a half marathon, maybe, someday, I could run a full marathon. Maybe I will find that I actually enjoy running. So, this is something that I am doing for me. To prove that I can. If I have to walk, then I'll walk, but I will finish it and I will push myself as hard as I can to finish as fast as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment