Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Automated Customer Service Representatives

Do you think that the automated voice prompted systems on the phone can sense my attitude? Seriously. I hate those things. I just want to talk to a real person. Not someone that sounds like a nice lady. I want an actual nice lady. I tried ordering my prescriptions over the phone today. I would have done it online, but I didn't have my patient ID number that they needed, so I called the phone number listed, thinking they could give me the patient ID. Instead I got the voice activated system. Totally impossible with two screaming toddlers.

Fake phone lady: "Would you like to place an order for your prescription?"

Me: "Yes (with Jackson screaming in the background)"

Fake phone lady: "I'm sorry, I didn't understand you. Would you like to place an order for your prescription?"

Me: "YES!"

Fake phone lady: "Okay. Please say your prescription ID number"

Me: "1-0-0-1-2-JACKSON! WE DON'T PLAY IN POTTIES!"

Fake phone lady: "I'm sorry, I didn't understand you. Please say your prescription ID number"

Me: "1-0-0-1-2-2-3-5-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH"

Fake phone lady: "I'm sorry, I didn't understand you. Please say your prescription ID number"

Me: "1-0-0-1-2-2-3-5-7-5-8-9"

Fake phone lady: "Okay. Did you say '1-0-0-1-2-2-3-5-7-5-8-9'?"

Jackson: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Fake phone lady: "Please say your prescription ID number"


This went on for 2 prescriptions ID numbers and a credit card number.
I really do hope that a supervisor was listening in on this call for quality assurance, like the disclaimer said. Maybe they will get a clue that these systems suck!

1 comment:

  1. That's funny...I tried, yesterday, to make a call to my bank....I got a message on line that I needed to change my username and password....I THINK NOT! By the time I tried 4 times to enter my account number I was ticked off, I thought I was going to have a heart attack...same thing..."I'm sorry that is not a valid account number...YOU MUST ENTER A VALID ACCOUNT NUMBER".....REALLY???? That's what I trying to do....I hung up and called my local bank....nope I didn't need to change anything......weird.....HATE AUTOMATED PHONE SYSTEMS....I'm going to use lower case letters, now! Sigh!

    ReplyDelete