Thursday, July 1, 2010

My thing

Okay, here is the answer to all of your questions. WHY am I logging off facebook for a month? To find my thing. (No, not THAT thing!) Here is the explanation:

I’m a stay at home mom and a working mom. I work from home, watching a friend’s little boy that is the same age as my boy. I also sell real estate and have yet another home business making kids boutique items. I’m very busy, yet, I’m very bored. I love my son more than anything in the world and wouldn’t go back to a 9-5 job and take him to daycare for anything, but this life isn’t what I thought it was going to be. Most days talking to friends from Ohio on Facebook is my only form of socializing. I love my friends from Ohio, but I’ve lived in Colorado for 7 years now and I still haven’t made the same kind of strong-bond-lifelong-friendships here that I have there. Everyone keeps telling me that I need to “find my thing” out here. Something other than being a Mommy. I’m a great Mommy, but there has to be more to me than being a Mommy. SO, for the month of July I’m signing off. No Facebook. No Twitter. No internet social networking. Instead, I’m going to spend this time finding “my thing”. I’ll spend my time trying new things, taking classes, having drinks with friends, meeting with someone that I don’t know all that well, making new friends, and reconnecting with old friends.

I will be writing down my journey as I go, and hopefully will end up with something that resembles a book. I'll include little snippits from the book here on my blog. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. What a neat idea--good luck finding some new niches! ~Kate L.

    ReplyDelete