Thursday, April 29, 2010

changing your relationship status.....


A while back I was in a food court at the outlet mall (it was the same day as the old man that touched my drink and told me I was a shitty mom.....yeah, still not okay with that) Anyway, a group of girls sat down at the table next to me and started the conversation out with "So, what's going on? I noticed you changed your relationship status to 'single'?" I laughed a little. I mean, obviously they are good enough friends to go to the mall together, you'd think that this might have been something they talked about when the big breakup was happening. The same thing happened on my trip most recently. Overhearing someone talk about "changing their relationship status". The thing is, Facebook relationship status changes are how I usually find out about breakups, makeups, new lovers, even divorces with my friends. I'm not Facebook friends with anyone that I don't personally know, so it's not like these are strangers here. These are my real life friends. Like, people that were in my wedding kinds of friends. I'm not going to sit here and complain about what this world has come to with social networking and whatnot. I love social networking. Most days, Facebook IS my social life. (I know it's sad....I'm working on it) If it weren't for Facebook, those people that I'm complaining about finding out about their breakups probably wouldn't be in my life at all by now, because I live so far away from most of them. So bitching about the world of Facebook isn't going to happen, I just think it's funny. Not "haha" funny. But "huh" funny..... It's almost like you aren't officially broken up or officially dating until you change your Facebook status accordingly. But what do I know? I've been with the same person since before the invention of social networking sites, so......

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment