Wednesday, April 28, 2010

3500 miles, part 2

So, we made it to Canton on Thursday night. Friday morning I woke up and went and got my rental car to head down to Crown City, Ohio to visit 2 of my college friends. Jackson stayed home with his Nana and Grandpa. I was making great time going south. Was even going to get there early, until I got off the highway. That's when I drove into the movie "The Mothman Prophesies". Have you ever seen that movie? It's pretty good, if you wanna get the shit scared out of you. I jokingly texted my friend Nate, who I was going to visit, that I was sure the Mothman was going to get me, and he told me not to worry, I was just going to drive over the bridge that killed a shit ton of people that night. (Did I mention that the movie is based on actual events?) Greeeeaaaaat! I was just looking for a fun, beer drinking, pedicure getting weekend away, and instead I get to drive over the bridge of death and doom and be forever haunted by a giant ghost/bat looking monster. Nate said that it was the big silver bridge. I drive over a big green bridge, and looked to my right and saw the big silver bridge. Hmmmmmmmm.....Nate? This bridge is green. He says I'll drive over the green one AND the silver one. Okay. 20 minutes later and I still haven't crossed any more bridges. I'm officially lost. At that point it was just easier to stay on the West Virgina side of the river and drive to Nate's work. He's a DJ at a big radio station in Huntington. Have you seen Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution show? Yeah, it's that station. So, getting lost wasn't all that bad. I got to see a cool radio station and even collected a free t shirt. (Speaking of t shirts, I've started a screen printing business. Check out my Mother's Day shirts: http://www.etsy.com/listing/45767083/childrens-mothers-day-t-shirt) I digress.....

After my tour of The Dawg and The Planet Studios, we ran a few errands, of course stopping to get lots of beer. You can buy Yeungling in West Virgina, so that was a must have on the beer list. We got back to Beth and Nate's house and waiting for his wife, Beth to get home from work. Of course we started drinking and were 2 sheets to the wind by the time she got home. The rest of the weekend consisted of drinking, eating, drinking, shopping, drinking and pedicures. I had a great time. They are so much fun and I missed spending time with them! Sunday came way to soon and I headed back to Canton to spend some time with my inlaws and Jackson.....

No comments:

Post a Comment